“Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” Rudyard Kipling
Whether it’s a pitch, client presentation or a staff meeting, delivering a memorable presentation requires you to be equal part psychologist, creative, strategist, salesperson and actor. No small task. This presentation skills training is for those who want to deliver presentations more effectively.
Ideally suited to anyone who currently dreads standing up in front of an audience or secretly knows they could be better, this presentation skills training course will help you learn how to overcome presentation anxiety, be unflappable and unstoppable, to appreciate the importance of preparation and arm you with tips and tricks to turn yourself into a commanding performer.
The day is highly interactive, with delegates practicing presenting all day in short exercises leading to a 5-10 minute presentation. We’ve found that it’s an enjoyable, low-risk way for people to slay their presentation gremlins and see themselves progressing at a rapid pace. As a result, they leave with a new-found self-confidence and feel far better equipped to present in an engaging way.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN – PRESENTATION SKILLS TRAINING
- How to hone your messages messages to create a killer pitch
- The importance of preparation, with tips on how best to prepare and how to know you’re ready
- How to understand what the audience wants and what they are expecting – and how to recognise and make the most of shifting moods
- The language of influence and how to sell your brand, your products and yourself
- How to structure content for maximum clarity and to make sure it progresses in a logical way
- An understanding of different audience types
- Be rehearsed, look spontaneous
- Have the confidence to ditch Powerpoint if you want to!
AT A GLANCE PRESENTATION SKILLS TRAINING
Name of course: How To Sell Yourself And Your Kick Ass Ideas
Who is it for: key members of the team who would benefit from sharpened persuasive powers and/or anyone who presents or pitches regularly. We’ve worked with Boards and execs.
Duration: 1 or 2 days – in-house.
By the end: presentation skills will be noticeably improved and presentations will be more effective thanks to a newfound understanding of exactly what is needed to keep an audience engaged and on-side.
Watch social psychologist Amy Cuddy’s great TED talk on body language for inspiration.